Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Why do we render?

Solo started a thread on SketchUcation to ask why SketchUp users use add-on rendering.

Here are a few comments:

"Communication, pure and simple. " (dale)

"1. As a aid to design.
2. In order to communicate.
3. Because I can, looks good, and it is fun. "(honoluludesktop)

"I render to encourage that "suspension of disbelief" necessary for people to imaginehemselves inside a project." (Ecuadorian)

"I have always longed to produce images that look as though an artist's hand was involved but I have never had the talent.
With SU and a rendering engine I get the chance to step up to that lofty place that I thought was an exclusive domain for real artists only. Now with a good render you can at least fool some of the people, some of the time." (modelhead)

"rendering is a great way to communicate/translate drawings & sketches to clients which is one of its great strengths.
The other, for me, is the wow factor. I've had clients who giggle when they see (semi)photo-real images of their projects." (redot)

"Marketing - both for our firm and our clients, being able to post attractive images of a project = more money" (Brodie)

"Marketing - both for our firm and our clients, being able to post attractive images of a project = more money" (EDMON242004)

"In short: To sell the design.

Rendering is a way of making the design look as good as it possibly can." (Pixero)

Check out the full thread, and add you own comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments...