Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Here are a couple of comments on the 64bit version of SketchUp 2015 from the SketchUcation forum:

by hellnbak » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:21 pm
 
Was going to wait till some of the inevitable bugs were worked out till I tried 2015, but after reading some of the comments here I decided to give it a shot.

My needs are very basic, I don't use many plugins, so I wasn't sure what the new 64bit SU would do for me.

WOW! I loaded one of my largest models (not in size, only 4.87MB, but over 3 million edges, 30,000 component instances, etc) and was immediately impressed with how quickly the shadows regenerated when moving the model. Only a second or two, and with R8 I usually took a nap while waiting for the shadows to eventually reappear. And as Krisidious pointed out, without it going into wire mode, no matter how much I played with the model.


by numerobis » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:58 pm
 
Ok i have installed it now in tried a 212MB file with 3.2M edges and 4500 components and i can see a big improvement in load and save times
v8: loading 1min31sec / saving 5min28sec
v2015: loading 21sec / saving 54sec
(without scene thumbs)
Duplicating the geometry (3M edges) is slower for me in v2015 : ~52sec vs ~40sec in v8
Shadow rendering is much faster. Navigation without shadows is not noticeable faster, but runs fluently in both versions.

So thank you for this update!